WheresMyTutor is one of the top websites in the country for parents and students to find and connect with tutors online. Sign up as a tutor today and locate your first student as soon as tomorrow! By registering to become a tutor, your name will be added to our database of available tutors where you can teach on your own terms. This means YOU set your own tutoring rates, YOU make your own schedule, YOU determine how many hours per week you work, and YOU keep all of your earnings. Our aggressive online advertising campaigns ensure that many thousands of parents/students visit WheresMyTutor every month, so there’s an endless demand for qualified tutors such as yourself. After paying the yearly fee of $19.99 (link below), you will receive a welcome email that includes your Username and Password. With these you will be able to access the “Tutor Members Login” area where you can start building your *Profile Page* to immediately make yourself visible to students. Here’s how it all works:
1. You are your own boss You make your own schedule directly with the parents/students; you decide where and when to tutor one-on-one; and you decide how often you’d like to work. In addition, you get to collect ALL of your earnings directly from the parents/students. We take nothing! Most tutors opt to work with students either at the students’ homes, or at a nearby library or coffee shop. Tutors are not required to own a car
2. Placement into our Tutoring Directory makes you visible to thousands of parents and students! The hardest part of being an independent private tutor is finding students. Listing yourself in our database changes all of that. Now parents come to you! Furthermore, for the small yearly fee of $19.99, there are no limits on the number of subjects you can choose to tutor, nor are there any limits on the number of students you may receive through WheresMyTutor. One single hour of tutoring will easily cover the $19.99 sign-up fee, as most tutors charge between $20.00 and $60.00+ per hour. And remember, once a parent/student makes contact with you, you will interact with them directly and set your own hours and rates. We stay out of your way!
3. As a tutor, you get to set your own rates. After the small registration fee of $19.99, that’s all you pay for one year. We will NOT receive any portion of your tutoring earnings. If after one year’s time you do not wish to continue your membership in the WheresMyTutor database, you may cancel your account to avoid being automatically rebilled. With regards to your hourly tutoring rate, YOU decide what you’re worth, and we don’t receive a dime of your earnings!
1. Build your Tutor *Profile Page*. After signing up (link below), you will be prompted to build your *Profile Page* in a process that takes only a few minutes. There are many different options available to you when creating your *Profile Page*. Such options include listing your qualifications, writing a brief profile about yourself, selecting the subjects you are willing to tutor, choosing whether you wish to be contacted by phone and/or email, listing your general location, and selecting the hourly rate that you wish to charge parents/students. You may edit your profile as many times as you’d like.
2. Your *Profile Page* will be immediately accessible to thousands of parents/students. Your *Profile Page* is added to our Tutoring Directory in real-time, so it’s viewable to parents and students as soon as you finish creating it. Parents/students will be able to find your *Profile Page* based on their search criteria and they will contact you directly to schedule a tutoring session. Parent/student search criteria involves choosing an age level, subject(s) needed for tutoring, and the zip code in which they live in.
3. Tutors who live in more than one city (i.e college vs. “back home”). Tutors who are mobile and reside in more than one geographic location can tutor in as many cities as they’d like. All they need to do is login to their *Profile Page* at any time and edit their current location. As a tutor you can literally work anywhere!